Friday 17 January 2014

Horse Gallop Cycle Evaluation

Alright So now onto a little extra one that I didnt intend to submit as part of my CAP submission. Here is a horse Gallop Cycle study. I wanted a really big challenge for this one.


First steps were to gather refernce imagery as always, and I used this fantastic image sequence. of a horse and jokey.

I love this sequence, and it helped a really big deal with the production of this animaton study.

This was actually the only thing that I used as visual reference for the animation, I didnt want to over complicate things by going into too many slow-mo videos of horses galloping. I wanted to get started right away with this one. And I wanted to do this in 2D as a little bit of a break from 3D





So first things first was to draw out the key poses, and then start from there referring to the reference imagery as much as possible. At first it started to look like a gigantic weird bounding dog. It wasn't graceful like a horse. So to overcome this I paid closer attention to the forms oscillating (front and hind quarters) and I worked on them a bit more so that the arcing of the major forms looked more believable.  

And After A bit more refining I Managed to complete it, I quite like it,
I would really like to do another one of these again, because it really made me have to think about the anatomy of horses. I would definatly want to improve upon doing animations for creatures, as I would love to be proficient within all aspects of character and creature animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment