Friday 17 January 2014

Sword Trap Evaluation

I think this is my weakest animation of the submissions, I Think that the biggest mistake for this one was that I spent way to much time on the acting of the character rather than the body movements of the character.
Although I think I got the sense of weight across with the character holding and dragging the sword, I still think that there are many errors associated with this one.

If you look when hes grasping the sword and pulling it, you may see that his hand disconnects from it, and looks really natural. This was because I forgot to parent the hand to the sword, and I realized this halfway through which  would have made me loose weeks worth of animation. Another thing that I think doesn't bode well with this one is the sliding feet, Another thing I shall improve upon is to solve rendering errors within the time limit. As you can see, the floor appears out of nowhere once the camera moves in maya, I dont know exactly how to solve this without keying the camera to move ever so slightly.

Next time When I animate a character walking backwards I will try to leave s much time as possible to successfully pull off the walking action using more reference imagery,however, I do like the expressions of this character, I think I did that successfully, when the sword drops out of nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment